What you need to know:
- Coolant additives protect individual engine components, thus ensuring the engine’s long service life.
- Genuine G13 coolant additive contains substances that form a protective coating against corrosion, prevents foaming and neutralizes ‘hard’ water.
- Indications that a cooling system is malfunctioning include illumination of the warning light in the instrument cluster, the temperature indicator entering the red zone, limescale deposits and signs of corrosion within the cooling system. If any of these indications occur, the vehicle must not be driven until the problem is remedied.
- The proportion of coolant additive to water must be at least 40 percent and must not exceed 60 percent. Correct mixing ratios are detailed in the log book. Hand-held refractometer T 1007 A is suitable for checking the ratios.
- An excessive proportion of coolant additive (> 60 percent) can result in bursting pipes and the engine boiling, while an insufficient amount (< 40 percent) can cause cracks in the cylinder block/head or in the cooling system through expansion of the coolant.
- The cooling system’s fluid level, density (leakage) and antifreeze capacity should be regularly checked.
- Genuine G13 coolant additive is available in concentrate form in a 1.5 l container, and 60 l or 210 l drums, or in ready-mix form for your customers in a 1.5 l container for quick and easy refilling.
Opt for the Genuine Part because:
- It provides optimum anti-freeze, overheating and corrosion protection. Its special composition raises the water’s boiling point to 135°C (275°F) while preventing evaporation, and lowers the freezing point to -40°C (-40°F) while maintaining a constant pH value.
- It behaves optimally at high temperatures and prevents the engine from being destroyed by heat caused by combustion and friction.
- It is environmentally friendly, as it contains no nitrates, phosphates and other harmful agents, and is produced from renewable resources.
- It is perfectly compatible with all materials in the cooling circuit, and is also miscible with previous products, such as G12 plus plus.
- The product has been approved in accordance with VW TL 774.